SMILE Mass (Small Miracles in Life Exist) has donated over 100 floating beach wheelchairs to public beaches in Massachusetts.
* PLEASE CHECK WITH EACH LOCATION FOR COVID-19 UPDATES, RULES and REGULATIONS.
These wheelchairs can roll from the parking lot, across the sand, and right into the water — allowing anyone with special needs to access the beach.
Families can now take their disabled family member to ocean beaches on Cape Cod, the North Shore and the South Shore, as well as to town lakes in Harvard, Natick, New Bedford, Sharon and Wayland.
* You can see all beaches with wheelchairs available on the SMILE Mass website.
* You may need to contact each beach to see if reservations are needed for the equipment.
BEACH LOANER PROGRAM: SMILE Mass has 10 floating beach wheelchairs, 2 adaptable bikes, and 5 jogging strollers available to borrow, FREE of charge, to take on your vacation or outing. If you are planning a vacation and need a beach wheelchair or a bike for any special occasion, contact SMILE Mass at the link below to reservation dates and equipment.
To find out more, make a reservation and see the most updated locations visit The SMILE Mass Beach Project or email email@example.com 2020 Updated Locations in Massachusetts
- Andover: Pomps Pond
- Barnstable-Hyannis: Covell’s Beach, Craigville, Dowses Beach, Fortse Beach, Hamblin’s Pond, Hathaway’s Pond,Kalmus Park Beach, Keyes Beach, Loop BeachMillway Beach, Sandy Neck Beach, Wequaquet Lake, Veteran’s Park Beach
- Boston: Carson Beach, Spectacle Island,
- Bourne: Monument Beach, Scusset Beach State Park
- Brewster: Long Pond Beach
- Buzzards Bay: Sagamore Beach
- Chatham: Harding’s Beach, Oyster Pond Beach
- Dennis: Bayview, Chapin Beach, Cold Storage, Corporation Beach (2)
Glendon, Howes Street, Mayflower (2), Princess, West Dennis Beach (2)
- Edgartown: Bend in the Road Beach, South Beach (2)
- Falmouth: Bristol, Chapoquoit, Falmouth Heights, Megansett, Menauhant, Old Silver Beach (2), Stoney, Surf Drive, Woodneck
- Framingham: Learned’s Pond
- Harwich: Bank Street Beach, Earle Road, Long Pond, Pleasant Road, Red River Beach, Sand Pond
- Harvard: Bare Hill Pond
- Hull: Nantasket Beach
- Ipswich: Crane Beach
- Kingston: Gray’s Beach Park
- Mashpee: John’s Pond, South Cape Beach
- Mass Audubon: Long Pasture Wildlife Sanctuary (Barnstable)
- Nahant: Nahant Beach
- Nantucket, Children’s Beach, Jetties Beach (2)
- Natick: Memorial Beach
- New Bedford: West Beach
- Oak Bluffs: Pay Beach
- Orleans: Skaket Beach
- Plymouth: Plymouth Beach
- Morton Park: Hedges Pond
- Provincetown: Ryder Street Extension (2)
- Revere: Revere Beach
- Sandwich: Peter Pond at Oakcrest, CoveSnake Pond, Wakeby, Mashpee Pond at Ryder Conservation
- Scituate: Humarock
- Sharon: Memorial Park Beach
- Vineyard Haven: Owen Park Beach
- Wayland: Wayland Town Beach
- Wellfleet: Gull Pond
- Yarmouth: Bass Hole (Gray’s Beach), Bass River Beach (2), Seagull Beach (2), South Middle Beach
- Connecticut: FairField, Lake Mohegan, Norwalk, Calf Pasture Beach, Westport, Compo Beach
- Maine: Ocean Park, Wells
- New Hampshire: Mt. Sunapee State Park, Pawtuckaway State Park, Wellington State Park,White Lake State Park
- Vermont: Fairlee Town Beach