Application Deadline is December 1st, 2023. Live Virtual Training and in person, January 6th – March 2nd, 2024, with The Federation for Children with Special Needs in Massachusetts. The PCTI program is an intensive training program designed to give parents and professionals a solid foundation in special education laws, procedures, and related subjects.
* Presenters include Federation staff, attorneys, and experts in the field of special education, representatives from the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) and the Bureau of Special Education Appeals (BSEA).
Registration required to https://fcsn.org/ptic/parent-consultant-training or contact (800) 331-0688 firstname.lastname@example.org
In the past, some of the topics included:
- Basic Rights in Special Education
- IDEA and MGL c 71B legislative history
- Special Education advocacy and implementation of the law
- Writing Measurable IEP Goals, Effective Progress and Hot Topics
- Neuropsychological Evaluations
- Academic Evaluations, Discipline and Suspension
- Introduction to the Transition Planning Process
- Transition Assessments, Section 504
- Families and Culture, Effective Communication
- Problem Resolution Service (PRS) Complaints, Mediation and BSEA Appeals