Ashburham/Leominster, MA, September 9th – November 5th, 2023. Mass Local Fitness and Level 2 Class. Sign up by September 8th. Special Olympics Massachusetts Level 1 Young Athletes is an inclusive sport and play program for children with and without intellectual disabilities (ID), ages 2 to 7 years old. Level 2 is for ages 6 – 12 years old.
* The MASS program in the Leominster Area will do soccer, fitness program, flag football and Young Athletes (ages 6-12). Soccer and flag football are offered on Sunday afternoons in the fall, fitness and young athletes are offered on Saturday mornings in the fall.
Massachusetts Young Athletes Level 1. Young Athletes introduces basic sport and motor skills, like running, jumping, balancing, kicking, throwing and locomotor movements.
* Children of all abilities take part.
Massachusetts Young Athletes Level 2. When a child becomes comfortable with the Level 1 Young Athletes activities, they can then transition to participate with a Level 2 program.
* Children ages 6-12 with and without intellectual disabilities are eligible to participate.
* Level 2 classes focus on individual sport skill development and early game play concepts.
* A variety of sports can be covered during a Level 2 program such as track & field, soccer, basketball, tennis, volleyball, floorball and flag football.
* Special Olympics allows for a little bit of overlap in age groups, so a child can participate wherever they feel most comfortable.
* Once a child is ready, they can join a team sport with one of their community programs as early as age 8.
To register or for more information, visit Special Olympics Massachusetts www.specialolympicsma.org/play-sports/find-sports-programs-near-you nd scroll to your chosen event, or contact Ops@SpecialOlympicsMA.org