Theater on the Mount, at Mount Wachusett Community College, Gardner, MA, April 13th, 2024, 11 a.m. performance. The sensory-friendly performance is specially catered to children and adults with sensory input disorders, autism, or other developmental, cognitive and physical disabilities and their families and caretakers. This is a judgment-free, fun experience for the entire family.
* All children must be accompanied by an adult.
* Caretakers and family members of individuals with special needs are encouraged to attend.
- Lower sound level, especially for startling or loud sounds.
- Lights remain on at a low level in the theater during the performance.
- A reduction of strobe lighting or lighting focused on the audience.
- Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance.
- Designated quiet areas adjacent to the theater.
- Space throughout the theater for standing and movement.
- Limited crowds and visitors at the Theatre at The Mount during the day and timing of the performance.
- Theatre at The Mount staff trained to be inviting and accommodating to families’ needs.
- A wheelchair ramp and wheelchair accessible seating to accommodate up to 8 wheelchair patrons and their companions.
- Accessible seating is only available by phone.
- Service animals may accompany patrons.
- Limited number of assisted listening devices available upon request.
For tickets and more information visit https://mwcc.edu/campus-life/tam/sensory-friendly-theater/ or contact (978) 630-9388. Be sure to mention that you would like to attend the sensory-friendly performance.