Charlestown, MA, and Virtual Option, November 4th & 5th, with the Federation for Children with Special Needs in Massachusetts. Planning a Life (PAL) is a two-day transition conference for parents, caregivers, and professionals working with postsecondary transition-age youth with disabilities(14 -22).
Planning A Life (College and Beyond) – During this PAL, talk about the differences between high school and college and how to prepare for success in college.
* Discuss making the choice to disclose a disability.
* Presenters include staff from Easterseals’ College Navigator Program and the Student Accessibility Services office at Quinsigamond Community College.
* Youth are encouraged to attend separate activities on preparing for college and preparing their vision of a fun, meaningful adult life
Friday, November 4th 8:30 to 4:30 (virtual)
Saturday, November 5th 9:00 to 1:30 (in-person)
Breakfast and lunch are provided
To register or for more information visit https://fcsn.org/planning-a-life-conference-2023/ or contact (617) 236-7210 firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning A Life (Making the Most Out of Transition) – Northampton –October 13, 2023 – October 14, 2023.
Northampton, MA, and Virtual Option, with the Federation for Children with Special Needs in Massachusetts.
During this PAL, discuss the transition planning process and how to determine transition goals on Massachusetts’ new IEP (Individualized Education Program) form.
* Learn about post-secondary educational options, keeping benefits while working, and healthcare transition.
*Discuss ways parents and caregivers can encourage independence and self-advocacy in their children.
* Youth are encouraged to attend separate activities on developing their vision for their lives after high school.
Friday, October 13rd 8:30 to 4:30 (virtual)
Saturday, October 14th 9:00 to 1:30 (in-person)
Breakfast and lunch provided