Virtual Conference, February 24th – April 30th, 20201, with the AANE of Watertown, MA. The Jody Acford Conference – A Roadmap Through Adulthood: Making Sense of Public and Private Support Systems for Adults on the Spectrum is an on-demand conference is for adults and teens on the spectrum, parents of individuals on the spectrum, and professionals.
* This annual AANE conference covers public and private benefits and supports for adults with Asperger and similar autism profiles.
* This year, AANE has created an expanded, pre-recorded conference for both Massachusetts and New York audiences, which will be available to registrants from February 24, 2021, through April 30, 2021.
* Registrants can select either the Massachusetts Edition or New York Edition.
Fees apply, registration is required to www.aane.org/training-education/ja-winter-2021-conference/ or contact email@example.com ,617-393-3824 x32 or firstname.lastname@example.org * Financial assistance is available and no one will be turned away due to inability to pay.
* To inquire about financial assistance, contact email@example.com.
- MASSACHUSETTS BENEFITS OVERVIEW – A Roadmap of Federal, Massachusetts, and Private Services for Adults on the Spectrum, with Michele Cantara, Co-Director of Adult Services at the AANE.
- HOUSING- Housing 101, with Cathy Boyle, Autism Housing Pathways. Cathy Boyle is the president of Autism Housing Pathways, a non-profit organization that works with people with developmental disabilities and their families to identify housing options.
- HEALTH CARE – Health+Care: Taking Ownership Over Wellbeing, with Teal Benevides, PhD, MS, OTR/L, Associate Professor, Augusta University. Teal Benevides, is an occupational therapist, researcher, wife, and mother. Currently, she serves as an Associate Professor in the Department of Occupational Therapy and in the Institute of Public and Preventive Health at Augusta University.
- Health Care Coverage for Adults with Autism – Amy Weinstock, Director, Autism Resource Center. Amy Weinstock is the Director of the Autism Insurance Resource Center at the University of Massachusetts Medical School’s Eunice Kennedy Shriver Center, and an instructor in the medical school’s Department of Psychiatry.
- FINANCIAL PLANNING & ALTERNATIVES TO GUARDIANSHIP – Legal Planning and Alternatives to Guardianship, with attorneys Ken Shulman, Day Pitney & Barbara Jackins.
- SOCIAL SECURITY INCOME (SSI) – Employment and Social Security Benefits,Kathryn Collins-Wooley, Ph.D. Kathryn Collins-Wooley is a psychologist and a medical consultant to Disability Determination Services.
She currently sits on the Program/Conference Committee as well as the Strategic Planning Committee at AANE. She is the parent of an adult with ASD.
- POST-SECONDARY EDUCATION – Lesley University, Threshold Program, with Dr. Ernst VanBergeijk, Director of the Threshold Program. His current research and practice interests are in the area of transitioning higher functioning individuals on the autism spectrum to postsecondary educational settings, independent living, and the world of work. Currently, he is a Professor and Director of Lesley University Threshold Program which is the nation’s oldest post-secondary comprehensive transition program for students with a variety of disabilities.
- College Internship Program (CIP), Mary Sokolowski, Ph.D., Admissions Coordinator.
- College Autism Spectrum – Jane Theirfield Brown, Ed.D, Director of College Autism Spectrum. Jane Thierfeld Brown Ed.D is Director of College Autism Spectrum, former Assistant Clinical Professor at Yale Child Study, Yale Medical School, and former Director of Student Services at the University of Connecticut School of Law.
- VOCATIONAL SUPPORTS – Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission (MRC). This workshop will focus on the variety of services and supports that the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission (MRC) can provide adults with an autism profile, including vocational assessment, career counseling, interviewing skills, and more. The workshop will also include a discussion of balancing work with benefits.
- Forward Motion Coaching – Barbara Bissonette, Certified Coach, Forward Motion Coaching.
- MGH AspireWorks – Laura Sears, Career Counselor/Program Coordinator, Aspire Works, MGH. Laura Sears, MS, NCC, Career Counselor/Program Coordinator, Aspire Works, MGH.
- Transition to Work, Jewish Vocational Services – Micah Fleisig, Transitions to Work, Jewish Vocational Services. Micah Fleisig is Manager of the Transitions to Work Program at JVS in Boston.
- AANE PROGRAMS – LifeNet, Jay O’Brien, Director, LifeNet, Asperger/Autism Network (AANE). Jay O’Brien oversees the design, development, and sustainability of the LifeNet.
- LifeMAP – Nataliya Poto, Director, LifeMAP, Asperger/Autism Network (AANE). Nataliya S Poto, MA is the Director of LifeMAP Coaching Programs at the Asperger/Autism Network (AANE).
- DDS – Department of Developmental Disabilities (DDS), Lea Hill, Autism Program Coordinator, DDS- Northeast Region & Maria Stefano, Autism Program Coordinator, DDS- Metro Region
- Thinking about Housing with Catherine Boyle, Autism Housing Pathways – Department of Developmental Services (DDS) with Lea Hill, Autism Program Coordinator, DDS – Northeast Region & Maria Stefano, Autism Program Coordinator, DDS – Metro Region
- Please visit the AANE website page for a complete list of workshops.