Webinar, December 7th, 2023, with the Arc of Haverhill-Newburyport. Learn more about this potential opportunity for both you and your loved one. The AFC program is an Arc program funded by MassHealth that pays either family* or non-family members a monthly tax-free stipend to care for people age 16 and older in a home setting, who cannot live safely on their own.
*Spouses and guardians may not become the AFC Member’s caregiver.
To qualify for AFC services, the member:
• Must have MassHealth (Standard or Common Health); and have someone over the
• Be 16 years or older age of 18 acting as caregiver (cannot be spouse or guardian)
• Have one or more medical diagnosis
• Require at least supervision throughout or physical assistance with one Activity of Daily Living (ADL), including: bathing, dressing, eating, transferring, or ambulating
• Cannot be left alone in the home setting for more than 3 hours
Benefits of joining the AFC Program:
• Nurse’s and Care Coordinators offer ongoing education, advocacy, and healthcare oversight
• Non-taxable monetary support according to the needs of the individual cared for
• 24-hour emergency line
• Assistance with accessing community supports;
• Bi-lingual (Spanish/Eng.) Care Coordination and Nursing is available.
To register or to request more information please contact Melinda Giroux Melinda.Giroux@TheArcofGHN.org, (978) 373-0552, x221