Webinar, June 22nd, 2022, with the Massachusetts Office on Disability. Free. This workshop is part of the MOD’s Disability Disclosure in Employment Series. Learn about workshops CAP offers on disclosure in various employment situations
* The Decision to Disclose workshop focuses on how a person with a disability decides whether or not they should disclose their disability at different stages of the employment process.
* Attendees will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of disclosure.
* If a person decides to disclose, what should they reasonably be expected to share?
* During this one hour workshop, attendees will participate in guided exercises where they practice:
- Weighing the advantages and disadvantages of disclosing
- Describing their limitations and not their disability
- Responding to specific situations in employment where they may need to decide whether to disclose their disability.
Attendees will have the space to ask questions, complete the exercises, and receive feedback.
To register or for more information visit www.mass.gov/info-details/disability-disclosure-in-employment-series#workshop-schedule,-registration-and-inquiries- or contact ContactCAPMA@mass.gov.
Reasonable Accommodations in Employment – Free. The Reasonable Accommodations in Employment workshop focuses on the steps a person with a disability would take to request a reasonable accommodation successfully.
* Attendees will discuss how to talk about the supports needed to perform their essential job functions instead of talking about their disability.
* During the workshop, attendees will participate in guided exercises where they:
- describe their functional limitations and not their disability
- define and identify the essential functions of a job
- complete a self-evaluation that can be used to draft an accommodations letter.
* Workshops will be in groups of 5-7 people so that attendees have the space to ask questions, complete the exercises, and receive feedback.
Current schedule: Wednesday July 21
To register or for more information visit www.mass.gov/info-details/disability-disclosure-in-employment-series?fbclid=IwAR0yA2Qet3sPuO648sotMDZC59f1Yiwrx1ei1hms5T6QFhgtfEaFv0i45PM or contact ContactCAPMA@mass.gov. Spots are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Once a session is filled, participants will be sent the workshop materials and the Zoom invite.