Webinar, April 22nd, 2021, with Mass Advocates for Children and the Massachusetts Department of Developmental Services Northeast Region Family Support Providers. This workshop will address the transition planning and services required for youth with disabilities ages 14-22, including a focus on transition services during COVID-19.
* The training will focus on the transition special education services needed to prepare youth for:
- independent living
- further education,
- guidance and strategies to address transition needs during the pandemic.
- Through the use of case examples, parents and professionals will learn strategies that can help students receive important transition services mandated by special education laws, preparing youth to live, learn, and work in the community when they exit special education.
- The workshop will also focus on the transition to the adult human service system process.
- Parents and professionals will gain an understanding of Chapter 688, the federal law that helps plan for youth with disabilities after they leave school, as well as transition to the adult human service system.
Registration is required to https://zoom.us/…/tJIoceCoqTsuGNdMN-z_a27ftYd6I88bMgZahttps://fb.me/e/P0e7EWFT or contact (617) 357-8431