Webinar, April 27th, 2021, with the Federation for Children with Special Needs. A 51A report is generated when DCF receives a report of alleged abuse and/or neglect of a child somewhere in Massachusetts. A CRAs (Child Requiring Assistance) case is one where parents, guardians, or school officials ask the court to help supervise a child.
- What is a 51A?
- What is a CRA?
- Have you heard these phrases and wondered what they mean for families?
- Do you have experience with 51As and CRAs?
- Are you concerned about 51As and CRAs during remote learning?
- The presenters will explain the latest guidance for schools around 51As and CRAs (Child Requiring Assistance) and what it means for families.
* This event will focus on issues more than individual cases.
* What issues are you seeing during the pandemic? Do you have general questions for the presenters?
Marisol Garcia, Senior Director at Health Law Advocates’ Mental Health Advocacy Program for Kids (MHAP for Kids). MHAP for Kids advocates for children in the Commonwealth with unmet mental health needs to receive the care that they require to be successful at school, at home, and in the community. Marisol has litigated before the SSA, representing disabled adults and children, and .in her own practice specialized in juvenile justice, representing children in civil and delinquency proceedings.
Toni Kokenis is a staff attorney with the Mental Health Advocacy Program for Kids Program at Health Law Advocates. As the attorney representing Suffolk County, Toni provides direct representation to families in order to increase educational success and improve the health of children with unmet mental health needs. Before joining the MHAP team, Toni served as Assistant Regional Counsel for Boston’s Department of Children and Families.
To register or for more information visit https://fcsn-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_K9jnySAaTSGXaxcK31yl7g or contact (800) 331-0688 or email@example.com