Webinars, April 6 – 8, 2021. Priority for registration is given to those that work for the Massachusetts‘ DDS or in a DDS funded service. Free. Hosted by Work Without Limits at UMass Worcester.
* This training focuses on how earnings from work affects SSI, SSDI, Medicaid, Medicare and other public benefits such as subsidized housing and food stamps.
* This training also includes an extensive review of the work incentives associated with each benefit and how they can be leveraged to assist individuals with disabilities to transition into employment or increase earnings without jeopardizing benefits.
* Geared toward employment professionals, case managers and rehabilitation counselors.
* If you are not a DDS affiliate, please contact Berenise Reyes-Albino at 617-287-4314 or email@example.com to be put on the waiting list.
Learning Objectives: To be able to:
- Verify and differentiate the various disability benefits
- Inform clients of the rules to report work income
- Explain how earnings will impact cash, healthcare and other benefits
- Describe how SSA work incentives can help working beneficiaries
- Direct clients to resources to address employment and benefit needs
- This training has been approved for 10.5 Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC) CE Hours
To register or for more information visit www.eventbrite.com/e/the-nuts-bolts-of-ssi-and-ssdi-public-health-insurance-other-session-2-registration-145128845283 or contact Berenise Reyes-Albino at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-287-4314