Cambridge, MA, November 19th, 2019. This genetics conference, Your DNA: A 21st Century User’s Guide, How You and Your Physician Can Harness New Technology for Better Health, will feature a Key Note Presentation by Philip Reilly, M.D. author of Orphan, The Quest to Save Children with Rare Genetic Disorders.
* Presented by The Genesis Foundation for Children and Boston Children’s Hospital.
Target Audience- The content of this course is designed to meet the educational needs of primary care physicians and medical students interested in the field of genetics/genetic counseling.
* Patients and patient advocates associated with a life science company or nonprofit organization are also encouraged to attend.
Fees apply, registration is required to https://bostonchildrens.cloud-cme.com/default.aspx?P=1&EID=1396 or contact email@example.com.
Course Objectives – Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Evaluate the role of genomic medicine in primary care and describe the benefits and drawbacks
- Judge the ethics of personalized genomic medicine including privacy concerns
- Incorporate genomics in decisions about prescribing medication
- Compare various personalized genomics products currently being marketed directly to consumers and contrast with available medical genetic tests
- Identify genetic conditions for which specific treatments are now available