Boston, April 17th, 2020. Free to the public, all are welcome, including researchers, clinicians, psychologists, social workers, caregivers, patients, policy-makers, advocates, and community members.
* The Bridging the Divide: Mental Health and Cancer Care symposium is designed to raise awareness about disparities in cancer care for patients with serious mental illness (SMI) and bring together diverse stakeholders to generate priorities for patient-centered research, clinical innovation, and policy change.
2020 Topic & Speakers
- David P. Ryan, MD, Chief, Hematology/Oncology and Clinical Director, Mass General Cancer Center
Kelly Irwin, MD, MPH, Director, Collaborative Care & Community Engagement Program, Mass General
- Getting Comfortable and Gaining Skills to Talk About Palliative Care – Patient and Caregiver Narratives
Speakers: Vicki Jackson, MD | Tara Schapmire, PhD | Robert Diener, MD, Moderator: Jennifer Shin, MD.
- Meeting Patients Where They Are: Hospital and Community Collaboration -Speakers: Diane Greer, MD | Mary Lyons-Hunter, PsyD | Lorraine Drapek, DNP | Megan Gomes, RN, Moderator: Inga Lennes, MD.
- Progress Made: Advancing Equity in Cancer Care for Patients with Serious Mental Illness – Patient Narrative
Speaker: Kelly Irwin, MD, MPH. Partnering for Prevention: Brian Dontchos, MD | Ben Macri, NP
Collaborating with Peers: Karen Fortuna, PhD, MSW | Robert Walker, MS.
- Coming Together Across Disciplines to Make an Impact – Speakers: Tara Schapmire, PhD | Vicki Kennedy, LCSW | Michael Sharpe, MA, MD, FACLP, Ken Duckworth, MD | Terry Mulvey, MD. Moderator: Joseph Greer, PHD.
- Data and Narrative: Communicating Science to the Public, Patient Narrative, Dhruv Kullar, MD, MPP
- Toward Quality Cancer and Mental Health Care for All #DontDenyMe. Presenters: Terry Mulvey, MD | Brian Jacobsen, MD | Senator Cindy Friedman | Richard Frank, PHD |, Ken Duckworth, MD
Moderator: Michael Sharpe, MA, MD, FACLP
Free but registration is required to https://engageinitiative.org/ or contact email@example.com or 617-726-2297.