Webinar, September 22nd, 2021, with Open Sky Community Services of Worcester, MA. For parents and family members of persons with an intellectual or developmental disability, this seminar provides an overview of the legal consequences of reaching the age of emancipation at 18.
* Discussion will include a description of the range of decision making options.
* Discuss Guardianship, the powers and duties of a guardian, the procedure of initiating a guardianship, and substituted judgement.
* Hear about how Supported Decision Making is used as an alternative to Guardianship, along with basic concepts such as
- Legal Emancipation
- Presumption of Competence
- Least Restrictive Alternative
- Prioritization of the areas requiring decision making
About the speaker: Attorney Meredith H. Greene practices in Trust & Estate special-needs planning, estate
planning, guardianship, conservatorship, adult services advocacy, and government benefits advocacy. Ms. Greene
was trained as a parent advocate representing children and families in the area of special education through the
Federation for Children with Special Needs.
To RSVP for the Zoom link contact www.fletchertilton.com/guardianship-alternatives-virtual-workshop-9-22-21 (508) 755-0333 or email@example.com