Belmont, Burlington, Cambridge, Greenfield, Ipswich, Littleton, Lowell, Quincy, Salem, Winchester, MA, September 23rd – December 12th, 2019. The Massachusetts Chapter of the National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMIMass) offers Family-to-Family – a free, 12-session educational program for family members and other caregivers of people diagnosed with mental illness. It offers resources, insights, coping skills, and genuine support for families, and equips class participants with the knowledge they need to navigate the mental health system.
* NAMI Family-to-Family is taught by NAMI-trained facilitators who are also family members. It includes presentations, discussion and interactive exercises. In the program, you’ll learn about:
- How to manage crises, solve problems, and communicate effectively
- Taking care of yourself and managing your stress
- Developing the confidence and stamina to provide support with compassion
- Finding and using local supports and services
- Up-to-date information on mental health conditions and how they affect the brain
- Current treatments, including evidence-based therapies, medications, and side effects
- The impact of mental illness on the entire family
To register or for more information visit https://namimass.org/nami-family-to-family/#1550788254633-1c0f0d92-a9df or contact NAMI Mass Director of Family Programs, 617-580-8541 x 219, email@example.com
* Ipswich location may not be posted yet. To inquire about this location, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.