Watertown, MA, October 11th, 2019. Basic Rights: Evaluation and Eligibility is a workshop for caregivers of children with special needs, or needing an evaluation for support of suspected special needs. A representative from the Federation for Children with Special Needs will be the presenter.
* This workshop will cover a comprehensive introduction to special education laws and procedure:
- purpose of the law
- when and how to make a referral
- the Team meeting process,
- standards for determining eligibility
- services and placement
- what to do if the team decides the student is not eligible
- what happens after the close of the Team meeting
- parent’s response options to an IEP
- procedural due process rights for resolving disputes.
For more information visit The Federation for Children with Special Needs workshop schedule page https://fcsn.org/ptic/workshops/schedule or contact (800) 331-0688 firstname.lastname@example.org