Webinar as Part of a Virtual Conference, January 18th, 2021, with the The Assistive Technology Conference of New England. For 2020 and 2021, the Conference will feature different AT/AAC-Focused sessions from November 2020 through May 2021. They have designed a program that covers a range of AT/AAC topic areas in a half day format to allow for a deep dive without a full day commitment.
* Tele-engagement for Individuals Using AAC. While the technology available allows us to replicate an on-site environment in an online format, that doesn’t mean that a learner will access the material in the same way.
* Understanding how to support an individual’s engagement in a variety of ways is essential when establishing and implementing online services.
* This presentation describes ways to promote tele-engagement in the context of tele-AAC service delivery to individuals with complex communication needs.
* In exploring this and tele-AAC in greater detail, we also extend the information to pertain to the various stakeholders involved in the success of AAC implementation.
* Presented by: Nerissa Hall, MS, CCC-SLP, ATP & Hillary Jellison, MS, CCC-SLP, ATP.
- Objective 1: Learners will be able to define tele-engagement in their own words.
- Objective 2: Learners will list 4 ways to support engagement in synchronous and asynchronous formats.
- Objective 3: Learners will explain virtual environmental engineering.
Fees apply – Registration and more information can be found on the Conference Registration page (scroll down to the date of event) www.assistivetechnologyconference.com/ or contact (800) 916- 8324 email@example.com