Virtual Event, August 18th, 2021, with the Parent Professional Advocacy League. PPAL’s Social Support Group is a confidential support group for families raising a child/youth ages 12 and under that is challenging, and you are feeling isolated. Meet other parents and caregivers who understand the struggles and victories of raising exceptional and challenging kids.
* August 18th topic- Community Healthlink Program and Services.
SPEAKER: Deborah Downing , Program Director Westwinds Clubhouse, will present information about this Community Healthlink Program and answer questions about services and/or resources available to support your youth/young adult.
From Community Healthlinks’s “About” Page
- Community Healthlink helps adults, children, and families to recover from the effects of mental illness, substance use, and homelessness.
- We help preschools and daycare programs how to teach young children with challenging behaviors and minimize disruptions in the classroom.
- We provide early intervention to infants and toddlers with delays and speech disorders so that they develop and learn to communicate with confidence.
- We provide families of children with serious emotional disturbances with intensive care coordination and family support.
- We reunite families who’ve been torn apart because of a parent’s addiction. We’ve provided medical and therapeutic treatment for teens who seek recovery from their addiction to drugs or alcohol.
- We link people who have been homeless to healthcare services. We help them find housing and jobs so they can maintain a more stable life.
- We provide training to adults with developmental disabilities so that they can live safer and healthier lives in their communities.
- We help adult children adjust to an elderly parent’s fragile health.
- We help people of all ages who struggle with mental illness to regain their health and dignity.
To register or for more information contact Ann and Joel at Parentsupportgroup@ppal.net.