On-line sessions, January 14 – 27, with Westfield State University’s Banacos Academic Center. For students with with learning disabilities and ADHD, and for those with the possibility of needing support services.
* Preparing for college is process. It includes learning how to be an independent learner, advocate for one self and how to improve your academic skills continuously.
* Students with disabilities going to college should understand that they will be expected to perform – and will be assessed – in the same manner as their peers.
* There are other considerations, among them are:
• What sorts of reasonable accommodations are available?
• How do I request reasonable accommodations?
• What sort of documentation do I need to receive accommodations?
• Why doesn’t my IEP or 504 plan follow me to college?
• What steps can I take now to be college ready?
• What is the level of parents’ involvement in college?
* These zoom virtual sessions are aimed at addressing these types of questions.
* Disability/Accessibility Services staff from the other Massachusetts Universities and a Westfield State Admissions representative will be present.
Sessions dates: January 14th & 15th, 19th, 21st, 25th & 27th.
To sign up use the link to this form https://secure.blueoctane.net/forms/6SCHNXYC2D8H or contact Sarah Lazare, director, Banacos Academic Center at Westfield State University 413-572-8789 <firstname.lastname@example.org