Plymouth, MA, February 11th, 2020. An interactive training for individuals with a disability who will be or is currently working, and advocates/caregivers/parents who want to learn about the rights of an individual with a disability under the ADA at work.
* Attendees will learn about EEOC, the mission and vision, and how they can help.
* Attendees are encouraged to bring questions to this training and the training will cover topics including but not limited to:
- History of EEOC and how does EEOC enforce the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended (ADA)
- Definition of ADA and who is covered under the ADA
- Prohibited pre-employment questions
- What is a reasonable job accommodation and how to ask for it
- Reasonable job accommodation issues & undue hardship for employers
- Genetic information at the workplace
- Retaliation against individuals with a disability
The Pilgrim Academy multi-part workshop series introduces participants to the principles of transition needs, services and resources. The content of these workshops will relate specifically to those individuals who are moving through transition from middle/high school to post-secondary settings. The target audience for this series is individuals, parents, administrators and educators.
RSVPs required to http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07egv3ywsif7355965&llr=m6ixkr6ab or contact
Pilgrim Area Collaborative, 508-747-6686 ext. 2704, firstname.lastname@example.org