Boston, Massachusetts State House, September 15th, 2017,10 a.m. – 12 noon. Free and open to the public. The Massachusetts’ Office on Disability’s annual Summit is their largest public event of the year, and is an opportunity to hear opinion leaders and agenda setters from the disability community. Speakers will include state officials, agency heads, senior staff of disability organizations, representatives from major employers in the Commonwealth, elected officials, and members of the disability community and their families.
* Registration is General Admission. Seating is limited and first-come first-serve.
To register or request accommodations contact 6Evan Bjorklund, MOD’s ADA Coordinator at 617-727-7440 x27324 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit hwww.eventbrite.com/e/disability-summit-2017-employment-opportunity-tickets-35412168750
Summit 2017 will continue to build on last year’s Summit topic of Employment Opportunity for persons with disabilities.
It will feature speakers providing perspectives and data on the issue of under-employment and labor force participation of the disability population.
- History of Education & Training: Dave Manzo, President Cotting School
- Trends in Disability Employment Data: Matthew Brault, Researcher
- Current Employment Initiatives: David D’Arcangelo, Director MOD
- Entrepreneurship: Rick Fiery, Cofounder Inventive Labs
- Thomas P. Hopkins Access Award: William E. Kiernan, PhD. Dean, UMass School for Global Inclusion and Social Development
- Campus to Careers Reception: National Organization on Disability, Career Opportunities for Students with Disabilities and Work Without Limits