Marlborough, May 4th, 2018. The Massachusetts Association of 766 Approved Private Schools (maaps) Conference & Vendor Exposition is for educators and leaders. maaps members are approved by the Mass. Dept. of Elementary and Secondary Education under the state’s special education law, Chapter 766. maaps represents schools serving children with special needs from Massachusetts, other states and countries.
Registration is required to http://maaps.org/ or contact (781) 245-1220
Workshop topics will include:
- Beyond Supervision 101: Maximizing Supervisory Effectiveness through the DISC Assessment (Part I), Elizabeth Skidmore, President and CEO, Skidmore and Co.
- Managing Stress and Anxiety: Perspectives from Brain Science (Part I), Srini Pillay, M.D
- Preventing Peer Cruelty and Promoting Kindness: Classroom Strategies, Thomas Lickona, Ph.D.
- Practical Strategies for Reducing, Anxiety in the Classroom, Jessica Minahan, M.Ed., BCBA
- The Epidemic of Bipolar Disorder: Truth or Fiction? Christopher Bellonci, M.D.
- Preparing Students with Disabilities for Successful Transition to College Elizabeth C. Hamblet, M.S.
- Managing Stress and Anxiety: Perspectives from Brain Science (Part 2) Srini Pillay, M.D
- Kids who Challenge Us: Increasing Work Engagement and Reducing Oppositional Behavior in
Students, Jessica Minahan, M.Ed., BCBA
- Psychiatric Medications for Children and Adolescents: What We Know, What We Don’t and
Why You Should Care! Christopher Bellonci, M.D., Associate Professor, Tufts Medical Center
There are many more tracks – please visit the conference page.