Boston, September 21 – 23, 2018. For people of all ages and abilities. All workshops are for free and all attendees are welcome – you don’t need to register or sign up in advance. Just arrive early to the workshop to make sure you can get a seat. There will also be free demonstrations of adaptive sports, dancing, assistance dogs, horse therapy and much more. Most events include time for attendees to participate. Demonstrations: Free demonstrations of adaptive sports, dancing, assistance dogs, horse therapy – and more. Most events include time for attendees to participate.
- Try a variety of adaptive sports
- Transform your face at the face painters
- Learn how to work with assistance dogs
- Break out your dancing wheels
- Find out what horses can do for people with disabilities
The 2018 workshop schedule will be confirmed 3 months before the Boston dates.
** Frequently updated information about speakers and exhibitors can be found at www.abilities.com/boston/
* Fun & Family Events will include:
- Acupressure for Stress Release.
- Artist Market. Sponsored by: VSA Massachusetts.
- Assistive Technology Showcase: Interact with Tomorrow’s Technology Today. Sponsored by Easter Seals Massachusetts.
- Emergency Preparedness Resource Booth. Presented by: Boston Public Health Commission and the Office of Public Health Preparedness.
- Manual Wheelchair Skills for Everyone. Presented by: Empower Spinal Cord Injury.
- Rollettes Rollettes Pre-Show Dance Experience, Presented by: Chelsie Hill and the Rollettes
- Mini-Yoga Sessions from RxRelax.Presented by: Jay Gupta, RPh, MScIM, MTM, ERYT and Terry Gupta, MSW, RxYT, RMT, co-founders of YogaCaps, Inc. and RxRelax and authors of RxRelax for Insomnia, Relaxation Capsules, and Subtle Yoga for Rejuvenation.
- Adaptive Cycling presented by Spaulding Adaptive Sports Centers
- Adapative Golf
- Fitness for All with Ability Beats. Presented by: Kimberly Ferrara, Inclusive Fitness Coach, Wiggle Kids
- Meet Jerry Diaz, WCMX (Wheelchair Motocross) Athlete
- Face Painting. Presented by: Colores Kids.
- Wheelchair Tennis. Presented by: Spaulding Adaptive Sports Centers.
- Service Dog Demonstration.
- Power Soccer Demonstration. Presented by: Northeast Passage PowerCats, a U.S. Power Soccer Association Team.
- Free Loaner Scooters Service
- Sign Language Interpreter Service
- Power Chair Charging Station Service
- Free Wheelchair Repair Service