Burlington and Boston, MA, Fall & Winter, 2023 – 2024, with the Massachusetts Down Syndrome Congress. Semester 1. The Your Next Star Academy is part of the MDSC’s Philip Donahue Your Next Star Employment Center, and provides experiential training for aspiring employees within the Down syndrome community.
* For 2023 & 2024, they will have 2 “semesters” of Employment Academy and a 3-day Career Exploration Academy in April.
Employment Academy (ages 18+)
* The Employment Academy works with trainees ages 18+ to sharpen their employment seeking skills, boost their confidence, and strengthen interpersonal and “people” skills to enable them to interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, co-workers, and clients.
* Participants receive hands-on practice in three areas: soft skills (e.g. communication, creative thinking, work ethic, teamwork, positivity, time management, problem-solving, etc.), financial literacy (e.g. budgeting, planning for the future, comparing prices, etc.), and job skills.
* Upon graduation, Academy trainees will be prepared for a real-world experience in a field that interests them.
Employment Academy Dates
* Semester 1: October 28th, December 9th, January 6th, February 3rd.
Location: Burlington, MA + Boston, MA
Register to https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc6AjkWIyAXUAZt81ZvffaicAytO1v87ZtJxAoPSKD7Xgv6Tg/viewform or contact 781-221-0024 or email@example.com.
* Semester 2: March 9th, April 6th, May 4th, June 1st
Register to https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfNw4X8wXvV7jXyvP8f505Vu6Y-bJYlggVdJyn45Mno4HCukw/viewform or contact 781-221-0024 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
** 2024 – Career Exploration Academy (ages 17-21).
* A three-day training for students ages 17-21 seeking to develop or sharpen their employment skills, boost their confidence, and strengthen interpersonal and “people” skills to enable them to interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, co-workers, and clients.
Career Exploration Academy Dates.
April 16th, 17th and 18th.
Location: Boston, MA.
Applications will be open in December 2023.