Hartford, CT, September 28th, 2023. One-day special education law and advocacy program that focuses on special education law, rights and responsibilities, tests and measurements to measure progress & regression, SMART IEPs, introduction to tactics & strategies for effective advocacy.
* Wrightslaw programs are designed to meet the needs of parents, educators, health care providers, advocates and attorneys who represent children with disabilities regarding special education.
* This event is not disability specific.
Please check with the link for updates to topics covered. Topics planned include:
- IDEA History, Book Overview, US Supreme Ct Cases
- Understanding Tests and Measurements, and the Bell Curve, Standard Scores, Scale Scores, % ranks, Grade Equivalent, Age Equivalent, Determining progress v. regression using Bar Graphs
- Episodic Conditions, Allergies, Epilepsy, etc.
- The Parent as the Special Ed Manager and Expert
- Developing the Master Plan & Knowing the Rules of the Game
- Recognizing and Avoiding the Fatal Obstacles
- How to Deal with Conflict, a Healthy and Normal event
- Crisis, Emergency, Help
- Organization of the Child’s File & SMART IEPs
- Tactics and Strategies & Rule of Adverse Assumptions
- Private Evaluations & Paper Trails
- Preparation for Meetings & Meeting Strategies
Fees apply, registration is required to www.wrightslaw.com/speak/schedule.htm