Virtual Conference, March 19th, 2022, with The Federation for Children with Special Needs of Massachusetts. Visions of Community is the Federation’s annual conference for parents and professionals caring for children with special needs.
* The conference includes workshops on topics such as, IEPs and other special education issues, impact of trauma, self-care, health services and benefits, and transition planning.
* Workshops are offered in English, Chinese, Haitian Creole, Portuguese, Somali, Spanish, and Vietnamese.
* There will also be Virtual Exhibitors sharing information about their services that support families.
* To register or for more information visit https://fcsn.org/visions-of-community-conference/
- Conociendo el Título V: Programas del DPH para niños y jóvenes con necesidades especiales de salud en Español / Getting to Know Title V: DPH Programs for Children & Youth with Special Health Needs in Spanish
- La División para Niños y Jóvenes con Necesidades Especiales de Salud del Departamento de Salud Pública de Massachusetts trabaja con familias, proveedores y otros para apoyar a los ninos.
- Intersection of Disability and Race: Navigating and Managing Disability and Race within the Black Community
- Genetic Conditions: Reasons and Resources / Kondisyon Jenetik: Rezon ak Resous
- The Power of Parent Advocacyr
- Meet the Commissioners:
Nancy Alterio -Executive Director -Massachusetts Disabled Persons Protection Commission
Toni Wolf – Commissioner – Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission
Elaine Fitzgerald Lewis – Director, Bureau of Families and Nutrition
Linda Spears – Commissioner -Department of Children and Families
Kate Ginnis – Senior Director of Child, Youth, and Family Programs – MassHealth
Dr. Opeoluwa Sotonwa – Commissioner -Massachusetts Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Deputy Commissioner, Children Youth and Family Services – Department of Mental Health
Maria Mossaides – Executive Director – Office of the Child Advocate
Russell Johnston – Deputy Commissioner -Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Adaptandome al mundo de mi hijo con Discapacidad / Learning How to be Advocate for my Kids with Disability and How I Shape my Life After Having my Son
- What to do after we receive the diagnosis
- Community Inclusion: What It Is (And Isn’t) & How to Achieve It
- Konesans sou Finans 101 / Financial Literacy 101
- Tudo Mudou, E Agora? – Como lidar com os estressores diários em meio a tantas incertezas / Everything Has Changed, Now What? – How to cope with daily stressors amidst so many uncertainties.