Springfield, October 7th – December 9th, 2021, with Kehillah, the JCC Springfield, MA. A board-certified music therapist will engaging children through music to increase social skills such as speech, non-verbal
communication, interaction, and confidence building. Musical instruments are used to increase sharing skills, following directions, and emotional expression
* Michael “Rusty” Russell, MTBC, is a board-certified music therapist specializing in music with children and adults with disabilities. He uses music to increase social skills: speech, non-verbal communication, interaction and confidence building.
* Musical instruments are used to increase sharing skills, following directions, and emotional expression.
* Parents are welcome to join the group to be models and support by participating in vocal and instrumental music making.
* There are no prerequisites – children of all abilities are welcome.
* Part of the Kehillah, the JCC Special Needs Program, which provides recreational, social, and enrichment programs for children, teens, and adults with special needs, including cognitive and developmental delays, Down Syndrome, and autism spectrum disorders.
* Kehillah is open to people of all faiths, ethnicities and beliefs.
COVID-19 protocols – please check with the host for updated information.
Fees apply, registration is required to www.springfieldjcc.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Kehillah-Fall-Classes.pdf or contact (413)-739-4715 ext 315