Virtual Event, December 7th, 2023, with UMass Chan Medical School | Eunice Kennedy Shriver Center, Worcester, MA. Free. A Family-Centered Mental Health Initiative program for caregivers and siblings in Massachusetts.
** Intended for parents/caregivers and siblings of youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Developmental Disabilities, and/or Mental Health Issues
* Do you have a child with behavioral challenges?
* Do you have other children who are impacted?
If so, caregivers and siblings are invited to join these groups.
* This virtual space will be run by MSSN Executive Director and Licensed Social Worker, Emily Rubin.
What’s it like? Over Zoom, siblings meet other children and teens who know what it’s like to have a brother or sister with behavioral challenges.
* Siblings have a chance to talk, learn coping skills and feel better.
* The Zoom is facilitated by psychiatrists and trainees at UMass Chan Medical School.
What about parents & caregivers?
* First-time participants join a Zoom session led by a trained parent mentor.
* They learn about the sibling experience, the importance of supporting siblings, and strategies to support siblings.
* Returning participants join a different Zoom session, led by the program social worker, to address ongoing family challenges that impact siblings.
* Groups meet the first Thursday night of each month
Who is eligible? All caregivers are eligible if the affected child has siblings of any age.
* Siblings are eligible if they are 6 – 18 years old and do not have significant behavioral issues of their own.
Can caregivers attend even if siblings do not attend? Yes, and vice versa.
* Pre-registration is required to (857) 523-1145 or email email@example.com. After signing an online consent form, you will receive an email with instructions to log into Zoom.