Belmont, MA, September 19th – October 21st, 2023. Young Athletes Level 1 Class. Signup by September 6th. Special Olympics Massachusetts Level 1 Young Athletes is an inclusive sport and play program for children with and without intellectual disabilities (ID), ages 2 to 7 years old. Level 2 is for ages 6 – 12 years old.
Massachusetts Young Athletes Level 1. Young Athletes introduces basic sport and motor skills, like running, jumping, balancing, kicking, throwing and locomotor movements.
* Children of all abilities take part.
Massachusetts Young Athletes Level 2. When a child becomes comfortable with the Level 1 Young Athletes activities, they can then transition to participate with a Level 2 program.
* Children ages 6-12 with and without intellectual disabilities are eligible to participate.
* Level 2 classes focus on individual sport skill development and early game play concepts.
* A variety of sports can be covered during a Level 2 program such as track & field, soccer, basketball, tennis, volleyball, floorball and flag football.
* Special Olympics allows for a little bit of overlap in age groups, so a child can participate wherever they feel most comfortable.
* Once a child is ready, they can join a team sport with one of their community programs as early as age 8.
To register or for more information, visit Special Olympics Massachusetts www.specialolympicsma.org/play-sports/find-sports-programs-near-you and scroll to your chosen event, or contact Ops@SpecialOlympicsMA.org