Brighton, MA, September 14th – October 28th, 2021. This program is for youth up to age 25 with physical and/or cognitive disabilities without significant mobility issues. The focus is on learning and improving the rowing stroke, increasing knowledge, skills and independence in equipment set up, rigging and building experience in a variety of team and individual rowing shells.
* Legs-Trunk-Arms (LTA)- This class is for rowers who have functional use of their leg(s), trunk and arm(s) for rowing and who can utilize the sliding seat. This category includes:
LTA-P- physically disabled
LTA-AK- above the knee amputee
LTA-V- (1,2,3) visually impaired
LTA-I- intellectually disabled
* Please inquire about the most up-to-date COVID-19 protocols.
* Prior to registering for this class, participants must have completed Intake.
* Community Rowing, Inc. (CRI) offers a broad range of programs for people with disabilities, from recreational and therapeutic to elite competition.
* Rowing is a highly adaptable and inclusive activity, and provides individuals with physical, sensory, and cognitive challenges an opportunity to be a part of a rowing community that values teamwork, self-determination, and commitment to personal goals.
* Trained coaches are experienced in working with athletes with disabilities, and provide a high-challenge/high-support environment to help all participants succeed.
Fees apply, registration is required to https://communityrowing.org/inclusion/para or contact