College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA, with the Massachusetts’ Down Syndrome Congress. Join general and special educators, administrators, paraprofessionals, support professionals, and parents from around the state for a full-day of presentations led by experts in the field of educating students with Down syndrome and other intellectual and developmental disabilities.
* The workshop program for this conference will highlight the goals, challenges and solutions to ongoing issues facing education professionals, as they work to provide meaningful inclusive educational opportunities for students with Down syndrome and other intellectual and developmental disabilities, in all educational settings.
* Keynote Speaker: Savanna Flakes, EdS; Founder and Lead Consultant, Inclusion for a Better Future.
* CJ Buckley, Bridgewater State MAICEI Graduate, MDSC Your Next Star Graduate.
* Russell Johnston, PhD, Deputy Commissioner and State Director of Special Education, Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
Workshop topics include:
- IEP collaboration between schools and families from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds,
- Effective application of neuropsychological evaluation recommendations,
- Best practices for transition,
- Effective reading and writing practices,
- Social emotional learning for educators,
- Higher education opportunities
- And more
To register or for more information visit www.mdsc.org/events/EducatorsForum.cfm or call 781-221-0024.