Virtual Conference, May 3rd & 4th, 2021. Open to caregivers and professionals such as Early Interventionists, Early Childhood Educators, Nurses, Physical and Occupational Therapists, Special Education Teachers, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Counselors and Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists.
Keynote: Inclusion of Disability in the Media (45 Years on Sesame Street). Emily Perl Kingsley will share her personal experience raising a child with a disability at a time when there was little to no guidance for parents. She will describe how this journey impacted her career as a writer and curriculum developer on Sesame Street and how it led to a life of creative advocacy. Ms. Kingsley spearheaded the groundbreaking inclusion of children and adults with disabilities on Sesame Street and will demonstrate this through delightful video clips and stories.
The goals of the conference are to:
* Instill a sense of confidence, energy, and achievement for continued work on behalf of infants and toddlers with special needs, and their families.
* Encourage connections among all early childhood professionals and families.
* Promote interventions that support, challenge, and celebrate individual differences.
* Explore current perspectives, research and trends related to best practice in the field.
* Expand knowledge of issues affecting the development of infants, toddlers, and families.
PLUS – Exhibitor Expo for families and professionals to find resources, products and services for children birth to six years old and their families.
For more information contact https://meiconsortium.org/annual-conference/ or MEICconference@gmail.com 2021 Massachusetts Early Intervention Consortium Agenda
- Welcoming Remarks – Massachusetts Early Intervention Consortium and MA Department of Public Health
- Keynote: Inclusion of Disability in the Media (45 Years on Sesame Street) – Presented by Emily Perl Kingsley
- Examining Early Childhood Anxiety During an Era of Anxiety – Presented by Ashley Abesamra
- Integrating Technology with Parent Coaching to Optimize Language Development -Presented by Barbara F. Hecht, PhD, Marian C. Hartblay, MAT, MEd, LSLS Cert AVEd, and Britani Schwaiger, M.E.D., CEIS
- Racial Equity and Early Intervention – Presented by Craig Andrade, RN, MPH, DrPH
- Monitoring Developing Communication Skills in Monolingual and Bilingual Infants and Toddlers – Presented by Rachel G. Aghara, PhD, CCC-SLP.
- Techniques and Tips for Your Sensory Tool Kit – Presented by Lisa van Gorder, OTR/L, CEIS