Virtual Support, May 18th, 2022. Free, with Foundation for Faces of Children in Brookline, MA . This event is for parents living in one of the New England states. Parents of ALL craniofacial conditions and across all ages are welcome.
* MAY 18th Topic: “How to prepare your child for appointments and procedures” with guest speaker Robyn Snyder, a child life specialist at Boston Children’s Hospital.
* Child life specialists are members of the healthcare team who work to enhance patients’ emotional, social, and cognitive growth during a hospital visit, taking into consideration each child’s family, culture, and developmental needs.
* They are trained professionals who focus on the psychosocial needs of children, and promote effective coping with medical experiences through play, preparation, support, and education.
About the speaker: Robyn was a special education teacher and behavior specialist prior to becoming a child life specialist. She has been a child life specialist for 18 years, and has worked at Boston Children’s Hospital for 14 years in various clinics, departments, and both inpatient and outpatient units,
- 7:00 pm EST – Introduction and general discussion
- 7:20 pm EST – The group will be divided into smaller age-based break out sessions to allow for more in-depth discussions / open Q&A.
- Parents can meet and connect with other parents and have a chance to talk, ask questions, support each other and share experiences in a relaxed virtual environment.
* Bring your questions in regards to your child’s diagnosis, school issues, newborn care and concerns, emotional challenges and overall parenting issues.
RSVP by April 11th, 2022 to https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1TjcTgQBgLGGA7mn5_DCjfpe0A79r2PfXMQPIixDNrKw/viewform?edit_requested=true
The Foundation for Faces of Children is dedicated to improving the lives of children with craniofacial differences, including cleft lip, cleft palate, and other head and facial differences.