Providence, RI, October 22nd, 2021. This event is the kick-off to the 2021-2022 workshop series with the ATCNE. The assistive technology makers’ movement and the need for quick A.T. solutions for everyday challenges continues to grow. This workshop will discuss, demonstrate, and actually build skills in A.T. Making.
* Participants will learn the latest in quick tips for working with everyday plastics, double-sided tapes, hook and loop, multipurpose fasteners and more.
* Discover how to apply the “…ABLE” Principles in making devices that a collaps -able , reuse- able , adjust- able , port -able , rePosition- able , expand- able , and using repurpose- able materials.
* Each person will also make 10 multi-use devices to take home with them. This includes
- Devices for eating and drinking for grasping and holding challenges
- Devices for reading and writing; mounting solutions for mobility aids
- Devices for blind and low vision; a low-cost communication device
- Devices for relaxation and self-regulation and more
To allow for social distancing, attendance limited to 25 attendees.
Masks will be required.
Fees apply, registration is required to www.assistivetechnologyconference.com/2020-presentations/ or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Voice/TTY: (401) 463-0202