Newton, MA, and Virtual Option – November 21st, 2023, with Carroll Center for the Blind in Newton, MA. Free and open to the general public, consumers, families, friends, and professionals.
* Find low vision and blindness-specific assistive technology exhibitors from all over the world.
* Connect with the blind and visually impaired community of consumers, families, friends, professionals, and anyone who is interested in learning more about assistive technology.
*Discover the latest technology that helps people with low vision and blindness live as independently as possible.
For more information visit https://carroll.org/events/technology-fair/ or contact or contact (800) 852-3131
- Be My AI, Nick Corbett and David Kingsbury. Learn to extract information from images with the new Be My Eyes app feature called “Be My AI”.
- Three Apps for Built Environment Navigation, Nick Corbett. Join Nick as he touches upon how OKO, Magnifier, and Seeing AI are helping people access crosswalk signals, detect doors, measure proximity to people, read text, and navigate around objects using lidar enabled haptics.
- Smart Apps in the Kitchen, Sheila Carney, Kritika Singh – Experience the apps that will make your kitchen more accessible to you.
- Top Ten Daily Screen Reader Practices, David Kingsbury. Join David as he reviews his top ten daily practices for being an effective screen reader user; from the very basic to a bit more advanced.
Partial 202e Exhibitor list.
- AdaptiVision, Inc.
- BlindShell USA
- New England College of Optometry
- Perkins Braille & Talking Book Library
- The Carroll Store
- Orbit Research
- Schepens Vision Research and Technology Lab
- and much more