Webinar and Needham in person, January 26th, 2023, Basic Rights: Evaluation and Eligibility with the Needham, MA, SEPAC-Special Education Parent Advisory Council.
* This presentation covers the referral and evaluation processes that determine whether a student is eligible for specialized support via an IEP or 504 as described in the Disabilities Education Act and related Massachusetts laws.
* Learn about the differences between an IEP and 504 as well as about team meetings, related documents, and accountability measures.
Special Note About this Event: While the presenter will be remote for both, your attendance options are:
• Pre-register via the FCSN website to receive the zoom link to attend privately
• Skip the registration process and join other Needham parents in the Broadmeadow Media Center to watch the presentation together and do some networking.
* A free workshop for caregivers of children with special needs, or needing an evaluation for support of suspected special needs. The speaker will be a representative from the Federation for Children with Special Needs.
* This workshop provides families with an introduction to their rights and responsibilities under Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) & Massachusetts Special Education Law.
* This workshop is designed to help parents learn to be effective partners with their child’s school to decide their child’s eligibility for special education and to plan, make decisions and monitor their child’s progress in school.
Workshop topics typically include:
• Individuals with Disabilities Education Act and Massachusetts Laws
• Evaluations and Referrals & The Team Meeting
• Individualized Education Program (IEP) and 504Plans
• Effective Progress
• Review of Important Timelines
• Strategies for Success, and much more.
To RSVP visit https://fcsn-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcodOCurDwvG9Pq68eU2DCuezIiljuPES7J or contact
firstname.lastname@example.org or for the The Federation for Children with Special Needs, visit fcsn.org/ptic/workshops or email email@example.com