August 1st – September 15th, with the Massachusetts’ Office on Disability. The Massachusetts Office on Disability Municipal ADA Improvement Grant Cycle Opens August 1. This grant offers funding for your city or town’s accessibility projects and planning
Grant timeline and information. The FY24 Municipal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Improvement Grant Program application opens August 1, 2023 at 9 AM and closes September 15, 2023 at 5 PM.
* Any Massachusetts city or town (hereinafter referred to as “Applicants”) is eligible to apply.
* All grants must be submitted using the online application portal.
These grants support capital improvements specifically dedicated to:
- Improving programmatic access,
- Removing barriers encountered by persons with disabilities in Applicant facilities.
- Oor both of the above.
Types of grants – There are two grant types available:
* Project Grants of up to $250,000 will be awarded to successful Applicants to remove barriers and create and improve accessible features and programmatic access for persons with disabilities throughout the Commonwealth.
* Planning Grants of up to $250,000 will be awarded to assist Applicants in creating or updating a Self-Evaluation or Transition Plan required under Title II of the ADA.
* Examples of project grants include: addition of ramps, elevators, power lifts and Limited Use/Limited Application (LULAs), signage, communication access devices, curb cuts and/or any other features that are designed to improve architectural access or programmatic access.
* Grants will be awarded on a competitive basis to projects that demonstrate real and tangible positive impacts to persons with disabilities.
For more information visit https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Funding-Opportunity—Municipal-ADA-Improvement-Grant.html?soid=1125772144705&aid=wHq2-_zsF6M or contact the Grant Compliance Coordinator Evan.George@mass.gov or at 857-248-7924.