Webinar, July 13th, 2022, with the Asperger / Autism Network of Watertown, MA. This webinar is intended for teens and adults who are or who suspect they are autistic, parents and other family members, as well as professionals who support autistic individuals.
*AANE College Panel: College Consultants and Directors of Student Services Explain What Autistic Individuals Need to Know About College.
* A panel of three college professionals — consultants who specialize in advising and placing autistic individuals in college and university programs throughout the US, along with directors of student support and accessibility services — will address questions such as:
- How to tell if your dream school is the right fit for you?
- What can you do to advocate for your needs?
- What to consider if you are transferring to a new school or returning to school after a leave?
- College can be a taxing experience socially and emotionally, and can be a big financial commitment.
- ow can you prepare?
- What might be different for students as they enter college and what supports do you recommend students consider to manage those changes?
- How can you thrive in college?
This webinar intends to answer your questions about college and make the college transition easier. During the last 30 minutes of this webinar, attendees will be able to pose questions to the panelists, via the Zoom chat feature.
- Jane Thierfeld Brown, Ed.D is an Assistant Clinical Professor at Yale Child Study, Yale Medical School, Director of College Autism Spectrum and retired Director of Student Services at the University of Connecticut School of Law
- Eric Endlich, Ph.D., founder of Top College Consultants®
- Cara Streit, Director, Student Accessibility Support at Brandeis University.
Fees apply, registration is required to www.aane.org/event/aane-college-panel-college-consultants-and-directors-of-student-services-explain-what-autistic-individuals-need-to-know-about-college-7-13-22-700-pm-830-pm-et/ or contact email@example.com