Family Training: Prepping for Transitions and Next Steps. Discussion topics will include:
- The Adult Eligibility Process
- Preparing for Adulthood
- Whatever other topics the audience would like to discuss.
- Please bring any other questions or concerns
About the Speaker: Tere Ramos is an Education, Social Security disability, and civil rights lawyer. She focuses her practice on education and Social Security disability law. Tere represents children with special needs and their families, as well as students who have faced bullying, harassment, or civil rights violations in school. She also works to protect the financial future of individuals with disabilities by helping them access benefits.
* Ms. Ramos has experience guiding parents through the special education process and resolving disputes with districts, and has helped families through her work as a special education attorney at the Disability Law Center and as the Executive Director of Special Education Advocates.
* The mother of two daughters, one with autism, Ms. Ramos has firsthand experience with the struggles families face in getting education services. She has also focused on serving students from Latino and other underserved communities. Ms. Ramos chairs the Advocates for Autism Massachusetts Children’s Rights Committee and co-chairs the MA Department of Education’s Special Education Advisory Committee. She also serves on the board of the Federation for Children with Special Needs, on the MA Board of Registration of Social Workers, and is a member of the Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates.
Registration is required to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.charlesrivercenter.org/. .
For Financial & Legal Disability Events and Workshop in Massachusetts, visit our Financial & Legal page