Virtual Event, October 17th, with the Massachusetts’ Down Syndrome Congress. Free. The Massachusetts Down Syndrome Congress’s Advocates in Motion (AIM) program provides an inclusive, interactive events each month for teens and young adults ages 13 to 22.
* AIM participants develop self-advocacy and leadership skills, form meaningful relationships with peers, and begin to develop their own vision for a meaningful future.
* OCTOBER 17th Event – Advocates in Motion “Let’s Cook” Event for Teens & Young Adults with Down Syndrome in Massachusetts.
* Families and individuals with Down syndrome ages 13-22 are invited to in on a virtual cooking lesson given by a self-advocate who loves being in the kitchen.
* Prior to the event you will receive a recipe with a list of ingredients and step-by-step directions to follow at home.
- 12 NOON -Parent-to-Parent “Lunch and Learn” Parents and caregivers of transition age youth with Down syndrome, ages 13 to 22, to join in for a monthly session. Learn about different transition-related topics and connect with others.
* Link to sign up for the Lunch and Learn https://mdsc.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMrde6pqzwjG9czAsVSIzYcyP5_y899cUa8
Registration for Advocates in Motion “Let’s Cook” Event for Teens & Young Adults with Down Syndrome in Massachusetts is required to https://mdsc.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIlc-uvqjkiGNfuX-o5gjqj9dXAOzbCj2VT or contact Colleen Endres firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about AIM and other MDSC young adult programs, visit www.mdsc.org/programs/AdvocatesInMotion.cfm
or https://mdsc.org/event or contact Colleen Endres email@example.com
* For some meetings Scholarships are available; contact Colleen Endres firstname.lastname@example.org
* Families that are unable to commit to the full program but would still like to join in on socials from time to time can sign up as an AIM Friend for $25.
For more information on Down Syndrome Events Across Massachusetts, visit our Down Syndrome & Intellectual Disability Events Massachusetts page.