Held online with UMass Lowell, Through December 2nd, 2021. A social networking program for adolescents and young adults on the autism spectrum. There are currently have around 10-15 regular attendees each month ranging in age from about 16-30 years.
* The group typically meets online (Discord server) the first Wednesday of each month 6-7.30 pm.
* The main goal of The Network is to provide an opportunity for young adults on the autism spectrum to meet others who they may have things in common with and who they can connect with.
* Meeting online, chat, and playing Jackbox games.
* The Network costs $75 for the year (pro-rated; and scholarships are available).
To RSVP or for more information visit https://www.uml.edu/Research/Autism/services/the-network.aspx or contact Ashleigh_hillier@uml.edu
2021 Tentative Schedule – Subject to change. Please check with link for updated information.
- Wednesday, August 5: 6-8:30 p.m. UMass Lowell South Campus, 3rd floor of Health and Social Sciences Building, 113 Wilder Street, Lowell, MA 01854
Group Members: Movie and Pizza Night on campus. We will vote for a movie we can watch together. Also, please note our “no cell-phone policy” for this meeting.
Caregivers: Networking with other parents; sharing ideas and resources.
- Wednesday, September 2: 6-7:30 p.m. Everyone: Merrimack Valley Pavillion. Laser Tag, mini golf, snacks. 2087 Main Street, Tewksbury, MA 01876
Laser tag is $13 for one 30 minute game
Mini golf is $9 per person
You can choose to do both or either one.
- Wednesday, October 7: 6-7:30 p.m. UMass Lowell University Crossing. Video Games Night. 220 Pawtucket St, Lowell, MA 01854
Group Members: Video Games Night on campus. We will use the video game consoles available on the second floor at UCrossings. Also, please note the “no cell-phone policy” for this meeting.
Caregivers: Networking with other parents; sharing ideas and resources. There is Crossroads Café in the University Crossings building where parents can chat together.
- Week of November 2 UMass Lowell River Hawks ice-hockey game. Day and time depends on the schedule, so TBD.
- Wednesday, December 2: 6-7:30 p.m.
UMass Lowell South Campus, 3rd floor of Health and Social Sciences Building, 113 Wilder Street, Lowell, MA 01854.
- Everyone: Pizza Night at Papa Ginos, (If you don’t like / can’t eat pizza then hopefully you can find something else on their menu.
Please bring $5 to help cover the costs of the pizzas and drinks, or feel free to order something yourself. Also, please note our “no cell-phone policy” for this meeting.