Virtual Program, through June 16th, 2021, with MassFamilies (formerly Massachusetts Families Organizing for Change) and Merge Consulting. A free interactive multi-session training designed to help families further develop a vision for a good life through community engagement, and belonging.
* This 6-week series consists of 3 “lunch and learn” curriculum days, with the option of a mid-session drop-in to discuss the concept and strategize more individually.
* Belonging Through Community Inclusion: What it means, and how to make it happen is a 6-week series that consists of 3 “lunch and learn” curriculum days, with the option of a mid-session drop-in with Lisa and Kathleen to discuss the concepts reviewed in previous weeks and provide the opportunity for more individualized strategies and support.
* Explore key concepts, and best practices as participants:
1.) Learn HOW to engage, even during times of social distancing.
2.) EXPLORE the history and purpose of inclusion, in the context of belonging.
3.) LEARN HOW TO build connections to sustain a fun life, filled with friendships, and opportunity.
- Wednesday, May 5th (12-1 pm)Coping Strategies for ALL To Stay Socially Connected While Physically Distancing
- Wednesday, May 12th: 12-1 pm Mid-session drop-in
- Wednesday, May 19th (12-1 pm)Community Inclusion – What It Is (& Isn’t)
- Wednesday, May 26th: 12-1 pm mid-session drop-in
- Wednesday, June 2nd (12-1 pm) Supporting Persons with Disabilities to Access Community Inclusion
- Wednesday, June 16th: 12-1 pm FINAL mid-session drop-in *please note we skip a week
This training will be organized into 3 bi-weekly sessions with the opportunity to “drop-in” the alternate week for additional support.
* These sessions are appropriate for family members of people with disabilities and the professionals who serve them and will convene via Zoom.
* Upon registration and acceptance, you will receive the Zoom Login information through Email.
* For more information visit https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd6SVk2EYF7f66C4M9OXcuulEijlDvgfflwlS5y4q4nN7EOOg/viewform contact Kathleen at Kathleen@massfamilies.org -or- Lisa Drennan at email@example.com