Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study at Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, October 17th, 2018. Free. An opportunity to engage with employers that are interested in hiring candidates with visual impairments. Learn how to successfully work the job fair with advice from two HR reps, one of whom attended the job fair in years past looking for a job.
* There will be an webinar offered at the registration page to learn:
- Preparation: How to best prepare and what to bring to the job fair
- Attending: Tips for interacting with recruiters, navigating the room layout and what to seek and gain from attending in person
- Follow-Up: Thank You notes, following up on applications and keeping in touch with your new contacts.
* Co-sponsored by Perkins School for the Blind, Massachusetts Commission for the Blind, The Carroll Center for the Blind, National Braille Press and Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study at Harvard University to bring these qualified candidates face to face with recruiters and representatives from dozens of respected nonprofits and businesses.
* Join in on an afternoon of proactive networking and conversation, where candidates are judged by their knowledge and experience, not their disability.
To register visit www.perkins.org/get-involved/events/job-fair-for-individuals-with-visual-impairments or contact Karen McCormack, Job Developer for Educational Programs at Perkins School for the Blind at 617-972-7381 or Karen.McCormack@Perkins.org.