Worcester, September 3rd, 2020, 11 a.m. The Center for Living & Working Weight and Seating Independence Project is a MassMATCH project making digital pressure mapping systems and specialized scales available to wheelchair users in their own communities.
* They are suitable for all ages and include a full mattress system for mapping the impact of sleeping positions and surfaces.
* MassMATCH launched the Weight and Seating Independence Project to provide access to specialized scales for wheelchair users and pressure mapping technology. The Reeve Foundation funded the project for 2017 to serve central and western Massachusetts. MassMATCH, with support from the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission, expanded the project statewide the following year.
* The goal for anyone who uses a wheelchair to safely be able to know their own body weight and not risk pressure injury because of inadequate seating or positioning with their equipment.
* MassMATCH acquired and placed portable scales and pressure mapping systems in its Assistive Technology Regional Centers. Every state and territory has an AT Program that loans assistive technology devices to individuals with disabilities, family members or professionals for up to 4 weeks at a time.
* The MassMATCH pressure mapping systems are available for borrowing at no charge.
* MassMATCH also installed commercial-grade roll-on scales at Independent Living Centers in Worcester, Springfield, Amherst, and Pittsfield for use onsite by community members who need them.
For more information visit www.centerlw.org/events or contact Center for Living & Working, 1-800-570-4020 | TTY: 508-755-1003 | Video Phone: 508-762-1164 firstname.lastname@example.org