Worcester, July 2nd, 2020, 11 a.m. The Center for Living & Working Weight and Seating Independence Project is a MassMATCH project making digital pressure mapping systems and specialized scales available to wheelchair users in their own communities.
* They are suitable for all ages and include a full mattress system for mapping the impact of sleeping positions and surfaces.
* MassMATCH launched the Weight and Seating Independence Project to provide access to specialized scales for wheelchair users and pressure mapping technology.
* The goal for anyone who uses a wheelchair to safely be able to know their own body weight and not risk pressure injury because of inadequate seating or positioning with their equipment.
* MassMATCH acquired and placed portable scales and pressure mapping systems in its Assistive Technology Regional Centers.
* The MassMATCH pressure mapping systems are available for borrowing at no charge.
* MassMATCH also installed commercial-grade roll-on scales at Independent Living Centers in Worcester, Springfield, Amherst, and Pittsfield for use onsite by community members who need them.
For more information visit www.centerlw.org/events/clw-weight-and-seating-independence-project-2020-07-02/ or contact Center for Living & Working, 1-800-570-4020 | TTY: 508-755-1003 | Video Phone: 508-762-1164 firstname.lastname@example.org