Online, September 12th – October 21st, 2020, with Mass Families Organizing for Change. Application deadline – July 31, 2020. Free. This training is to support participation in coalitions, municipal Boards and Commissions, advisory councils, and all types of decision-making and change-making groups.
* Space is limited. MFOFC will prioritize applicants from the Northeast and Southeast Regions of Massachusetts, as defined by the Department of Developmental Services.
- leadership & the importance of family involvement and engagement
- implication of serving on decision-making groups and significance of civic engagement
- decision-making processes & tools for meetings and review of different roles
- tips & strategies to manage group dynamics
- cultural and linguistic competence
- how to use data
- resources to support participation as a family member and representative
- preparing for meetings & understanding budgets
* 2020 Sessions dates:
August 12 and 26, 2020
September 9 and 23, 2020
October 7 and 21, 2020
To register or for more information contact visit https://mfofc.org/training/serving-on-groups/ or contact 1-774-855-6001 or firstname.lastname@example.org