Online, September 12th – October 21st, 2020, with Mass Families Organizing for Change. Application deadline was July 31, 2020. Free. This training is to support participation in coalitions, municipal Boards and Commissions, advisory councils, and all types of decision-making and change-making groups.
* Space is limited. MFOFC will prioritize applicants from the Northeast and Southeast Regions of Massachusetts, as defined by the Department of Developmental Services.
- leadership & the importance of family involvement and engagement
- implication of serving on decision-making groups and significance of civic engagement
- decision-making processes & tools for meetings and review of different roles
- tips & strategies to manage group dynamics
- cultural and linguistic competence
- how to use data
- resources to support participation as a family member and representative
- preparing for meetings & understanding budgets
* 2020 Sessions dates:
August 12 and 26, 2020
September 9 and 23, 2020
October 7 and 21, 2020
To register or for more information contact visit https://mfofc.org/training/serving-on-groups/ or contact 1-774-855-6001 or email@example.com