Quincy, MA, January – June, 2020. COVID-19 UPDATE: SOUTH SHORE Y NON-ESSENTIAL LOCATIONS CLOSED AS OF MONDAY 3/16/2020
This Inclusion Modified Program is for people ages 3 – 6 with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities (IDD), and includes a DSM-5 diagnosis.
* Learn and practice Indoor Track basics while building cardio endurance and strength.
* Program focuses on stretching, calisthenics, run/walk/wheel drills, and basic throwing techniques.
* This is an indoor program centered on the athlete who is preparing for school based or Special Olympics Track & Field programs.
* Inclusion Modified Programs are smaller group sizes with low program participant-to-instructor ratios to help ensure that the program participant gets enough one-to-one attention from the instructor to learn skills and then generalize those skills to successfully access SSYMCA facilities and programs independently.
* Hosted by the South Shore YMCA Inclusion Modified Programs.
Fees apply, registration is required to the South Shore YMCA https://ssymca.org/program/inclusion/inclusion-modified-programs/ or contact Betsy Callanan, Inclusion Director SSYMCA, (781)829-8585 EXT 8365, or bcallanan@SSYMCA.org