On-line Event, November 7th, 2020, 8 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. with The Tourette Center of Excellence at Massachusetts General Hospital and the Tourette Association of Massachusetts.
* This event is intended for individuals with Tourette Syndrome (TS) or tics and their families who are seeking virtual support and strategies to address the practical issues they may face.
* There will be presentations by MGH providers in neurology, psychiatry, psychology, and neuropsychology, and an educational advocate who works with schools and families.
* Topics will include:
- an overview of tics and Tourette Syndrome
- their co-occurring conditions (including OCD, ADHD, anxiety/depression)
- treatment options including both medications and behavioral therapy
- and special sessions on explosive anger, neuropsychological testing
- ways to advocate for yourself or your family member’s educational needs
There will also be an open Q&A session to facilitate dialogue between the Tourette Syndrome and tic disorders community and experts in the field.
RSVPs are REQUIRED to attend to https://tsfamilyday2020.typeform.com/to/tm8J0r28 or contact Amrita at firstname.lastname@example.org, Daisy at email@example.com, or Maggie at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.