Virtual Class, January 14 – March 11, 2021, with Kehillah, the JCC Springfield, MA. Classes for ages up to 8, and a separate class for 8+, with special needs.
* Michael “Rusty” Russell, MTBC, is a board-certified music therapist specializing in music with children and adults with disabilities. He uses music to increase social skills: speech, non-verbal communication, interaction and confidence building.
* Musical instruments are used to increase sharing skills, following directions, and emotional expression.
* Parents are welcome to join the group to be models and support by participating in vocal and instrumental music making.
* There are no prerequisites – children of all abilities are welcome.
* Part of the Kehillah, the JCC Special Needs Program, which provides recreational, social, and enrichment programs for children, teens, and adults with special needs, including cognitive and developmental delays, Down Syndrome, and autism spectrum disorders.
* Kehillah is open to people of all faiths, ethnicities and beliefs.
Fees apply, registration is required toe https://www.springfieldjcc.org/kehillah/youth-programs/ or contact Tina Edwards, Director of Kehillah, firstname.lastname@example.org (413)-739-4715 ext 315